Monday, November 21, 2011

Info

One Of My Friend Commended -

I have consolidated my thoughts. To idol worshipers ask these questions.

Is this your GOD who created you?
This can save you?
This can forgive your sins?
This can be show mercy to you?

From my point of view, we have statues of Jesus Christ, saints. Not sure whether Jesus looked like the current statues. According to trinity, The father, The Son and The Holy Spirit together forms God.  Still we don’t have idols for the father and The Holy Spirit. Jesus has statue, since he lived in the form of a human being. So statue resembling  Jewish man at that time's culture was made. Christians conduct processions with these statues doesn’t mean that they are worshiping that human made stone. Ask above 4 questions. The answer will be NO for all the questions. If they say YES, then it is true idol worship and it is deadly sin and violation of first commandment given by God to Moses.

--------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friend

Thank you very much for the explanation.

From the Biblical verses, what I understand is that, if even the answer is NO for all the above questions, it does not approve the creation of Idols. Again, if the answers are NO, then what is the point in making them ?

All who make idols are nothing, and the things they treasure are worthless. Those who would speak up for them are blind; they are ignorant, to their own shame. Who shapes a god and casts an idol, which can profit him nothing? He and his kind will be put to shame; craftsmen are nothing but men. Let them all come together and take their stand; they will be brought down to terror and infamy. Isaiah 44:9-11

- Bible teaches that Idols are nothing.
- Bible teaches that Idols are worthless.
- Bible teaches that those who speak up for them are blind.
- Bible teaches that those who speak up for them are ignorant.
- Bible teaches that those who worship idols, profit nothing.

Even if the answers to your questions are big NOs, it not only makes any sense to create idols but also it is clearly against the teachings of The Bible. If your answer to the four questions are NOs, then put a fifth big NO to the creation of the idols !

That is exactly what Jesus Christ himself said.

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers !'" Matthew 7:23

When someone invite me to worship Sri Krishna, I can say that I am not a that Hindu.
When someone invite me to worship Jesus Christ, I can say that I am not a that Christian.
When someone invite me to worship prophet Mohammad, I can say that I am not a that Muslim.

But,

When someone invite me to worship The One, Who created Sri Krishna, Jesus Christ, prophet Mohammad, The One, Who created all those who lived before them, The One, Who created sun and the moon, The One, Who created the earth, mountains, landscapes, forests, rain forests, trees, etc etc etc, The One, Who created the Milky ways, The Galaxies, The Super Novas, The ever-ever expanding Universe, my dear friend,  I have no better option.

This is what The Vedas said -

"The wise yogis concentrate their minds; and concentrate their thought as well in the Supreme Reality, which is Omnipresent, Great and Omniscient. He alone, knowing their functions, assigns to the sense organs their respective tasks. Verily, great is the glory of to Divine Creator." Rigveda 5:81

This is what The Bible said -

"This is what God the LORD says--he who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it: "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. "I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols." Isaiah 42:5-8

This is what The Quran said -

O mankind! Worship your Lord (Allah), Who created you and those who were before you so that you may acquire Taqwa (God fearing mind and practice). Who has made the earth a resting place for you, and the sky as a canopy, and sent down water (rain) from the sky and brought forth therewith fruits as a provision for you. Then do not set up rivals unto Allah (in worship) while you know (that He alone has the right to be worshiped). Quran 2:21-22

Regards
Nisam

No comments:

Post a Comment