I Wrote -
The Financial Principles are followed by The Charity Principles. Before we analyze the marriages of prophet Mohammad, what kind of charity principles that prophet Mohammad put forward, should be learned.
Charity Principle - 1
"By no means shall you attain righteousness (Paradise), unless you spend of that which you love; and whatever of good you spend, Allah knows it well." Quran 3:92
- If you are doing charity then let it be from the property that you love most.
- It should not be like you don't want something and hence you give it in charity.
Charity Principle - 2
• Start with yourself and grant it some charity.
• If anything remains, then spend it on your family.
• If anything remains, then spend it on your relatives.
• If anything remains, then spend it like this and like that (i.e., on various charitable purposes). - Prophet Mohammad.
- Reasonable spending for self, spending on family and spending on relatives is an act of charity and will be rewarded by Almighty God.
Charity Principle - 3
O Allah's Apostle! Which charity is the most superior in reward?"
"The charity which you practice while you are healthy, niggardly and afraid of poverty and wish to become wealthy. Do not delay it to the time of approaching death and then say, 'Give so much to such and such, and so much to such and such.' And it has already belonged to such and such (as it is too late)."
- Charity becomes a superior one, when it is spent when you are healthy; not when you become old.
Charity Principle - 4
"The upper hand is better than the lower hand (i.e. he who gives in charity is better than him who takes it).
• One should start giving first to his dependents.
• And the best object of charity is that which is given by a wealthy person (from the money which is left after his expenses).
• And whoever abstains from asking others for some financial help, Allah will give him and save him from asking others, Allah will make him self-sufficient." - Prophet Mohammad.
- Whoever abstains from asking financial help from others, God will make him self-sufficient !
Charity Principle - 5
"Charity is obligatory everyday on every joint of a human being.
• If one helps a person in matters concerning his riding animal (vehicle) by helping him to ride it or by lifting his luggage on to it, all this will be regarded charity.
• A good word, and every step one takes to offer the compulsory Congregational prayer, is regarded as charity.
• Guiding somebody on the road is regarded as charity." Prophet Mohammad.
- Charity is not limited to money, property etc.
- Giving a lift on your vehicle is an act of charity.
- Saying a good word is a charity.
- Showing the way to somebody on the road is also a charity.
What you see is only a few samples from the 100s of Charity Principles that were envisaged, practiced and put before this mankind, by prophet Mohammad.
People who scandalize the marriages of prophet Mohammad, when they hear about a second marriage -
- They think that it is all about accumulating wealth.
- When they go for a second marriage, it is only for wealth.
The point is -
- If prophet Mohammad had lived with more than one wife, he had spent the best of his wealth to family, relatives and poor people.
- If prophet Mohammad had lived with more than one wife, he had spent everything he had in the way of Almighty God.
- If prophet Mohammad had lived with more than one wife, then it was based on these kind of 100s of Charity Principles.
will be continued ...